SIMPLE brand #91 - Carmine Gallo: The Bezos Blueprint: Communication Secrets of the World's Greatest Salesman - Part 1
In this week’s episode of the SIMPLE brand podcast, I talk with Carmine Gallo, author of The Bezos Blueprint: Communication Secrets of the World's Greatest Salesman!
Carmine’s a keynote speaker, Harvard instructor, and a CEO communication coach known for transforming leaders into powerful storytellers and communicators.
Carmine’s here to talk about his latest book - The Bezos Blueprint: Communication Secrets of the World’s Greatest Salesman.
I’m doing something a little different with this interview - I’m releasing it as a 2-part series. My interview with Carmine is jam-packed with so many lessons on improving your communication that I don’t want you to get overwhelmed by having to digest it all in one listen. My hope is that splitting it up makes it a simpler listen for you.
In this episode, Carmine and I discuss his lessons around the communication strategies that Jeff Bezos pioneered to elevate the way Amazonians write, collaborate, innovate, pitch, and present. And if you instill these lessons you’ll be able to exponentially sharpen your communication skills and help fuel astonishing growth in your team.
Some of the topics we discuss include:
- Learning to write well is actually hard
- No matter your skills, you need to constantly be growing in them
- Using metaphors is a powerful tool for helping your communications resonate
- Developing great writing and communication skills are valuable for all of your employees, no matter their role or function
- Why Jeff Bezos banned PowerPoint in Amazon meetings
- Focusing on the “big idea” first will help your audience more easily buy into your message
- How “simple is the new superpower”
- For your communication to be effective, write for an 8th-grade-level audience
- Using short words helps create simple, and more powerful, communications
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Carmine's website
- Carmine's book - The Bezos Blueprint: Communication Secrets from the World's Greatest Salesman
- Carmine's book - Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds
- Carmine's book - The Storyteller's Secret: From TED Speakers to Business Legends, Why Some Ideas Catch On and Others Don't
- Carmine's book - The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs: How to be Insanely Great in Front of Any Audience
ENJOY THIS EPISODE HERE
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Amazon
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Pandora
- Listen on iHeartRadio
RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE HERE
“I love the SIMPLE brand With Matt Lyles podcast!” Does that sound like you? If so, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people (just like you!) create simple experiences for their customers and for their team members.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, go ahead and subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed you’ll likely miss out on them.
Are you signed up to get notified on new posts and podcast episodes?
You'll never miss another idea from Matt.
You hate SPAM, right? Us too! We'll never sell your information, for any reason.